These photos are actually from last weekend, documenting some of my progress on the first bluestocking, which is really a knee sock.
From top left, clockwise: a) heel turned, side view; b) side view with foot inside; c) close up of bellflower design; d) not-so-great attempt to show where I increased for the calf.
The first knee sock is complete, but may require editing. I made a picot edging intended to enclose an elastic, to make sure the knee sock doesn’t slouch down to my ankles, since the lace would be a muddled mess and in that case I might as well just have knit a rib.
The picot edging worked out just as I had planned, but slightly too narrow for the 3/4″ elastic.
On the next sock, I may do without the elastic, even though I waited two whole days to finish the first until I could find some at Mulberry Silks.
This is not the first time I have used this style of picot edging, which I really like (not to mention it is super easy to work) but I would like to credit Lene at DancesWithWool for giving me the idea to use it to encase elastic for my stocking.